Altomontegasse
1120 Meidling

 16,00

Pages: 28 + cover
Edition: 5 + artists copy (first edition)

Date:
Film:
Camera:

5 in stock

Buy a print

 

Altomontegasse (Inzersdorf), named in 1936 after the baroque painter Martino Altomonte (actually Martin Hohenberg, born May 8, 1657 in Naples; † September 14, 1745 in Heiligenkreuzerhof, Vienna). He mainly created altarpieces (“Healing of the Lame Man by Peter and John” in St. Peter’s Church, “Awakening of the Young Man of Naïn” in St. Charles’ Church, “St. Januarius” in St. Stephen’s Cathedral), and ceiling frescoes in the Lower Belvedere. Together with Johann Michael Rottmayr, he is regarded as the founder of independent Baroque painting in today’s Austria.