1090 Alsergrund


Pages: 28 + cover
Edition: 5 + artists copy (first edition)


4 in stock

Buy a print


Alserbachstraße, named in 1862 after the river Als, commonly called Alsbach or Alserbach in Vienna, which was arched in this area in 1840–1846. The street was called 1353 Auf dem Griesz, 1699 Auf den Hürnern, 1719 Auf dem Grieß am Alserbach, and around 1830 Am Alserbach. The section between Liechtensteinstrasse and Nussdorfer Strasse – behind today’s market hall – was called Weisse Löwengasse from 1749.