1100 Favoriten


Pages: 52 + cover
Edition: 5 + artists copy (first edition)

Film: ,

3 in stock

Buy a print


Alaudagasse was named on September 3, 1968 after the Roman Legio Alaudarum (Schopflerchenregiment), whose veteran village was on Wienerberg. The name Alaudae goes back to a Celtic name for the crested lark, the name was coined by the Romans and was already used under Caesar. This was probably alluding to the legion’s unusual crista (crest). Zoologists refer to the Schopflerche as a characteristic bird of the Laaer Berg area.

The alley between Favoritenstraße and Laaer-Berg-Straße, which runs roughly in a west-east direction, forms the northern boundary of the Per-Albin-Hansson-Siedlung Ost, which extends on the southern slope of the Laaer Berg.